Event Sales Executive
Feast It is changing the events industry by building an online booking platform connecting anybody to the country’s best street food style caterers. Our events range from small private parties and corporate events, right up to festivals with 1.5 million attendees. We’ve created the one-stop solution for finding the best event catering, whatever the event.
From Dirtyburger to Bao and Five Points to Patty & Bun, we work with over 500 of the most exciting food and drink producers in the country. We're just 18 months into our journey, and so far we've seen nothing but rapid growth. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing, we've recently fed 3 million mouths at public festivals, and we keep smashing all our targets!
We work out of an awesome office sandwiched between Aldgate East and Whitechapel stations that boasts an office dog, free gym, a beer fridge and generally speaking, not terrible people. We're a young and fun team, all passionate about food and excited about playing a part in building a disruptive food business.
As Event Sales Executive, you’ll work as part of the Sales team, with the exciting task of converting warm enquirers about prospective event catering to paying customers with a fantastic street food trucks or mobile bars booked in. We're growing really fast, having seen 1000% growth in enquiries in 2018, and we need to be ready for the same again this year.
The customer will vary from event planners for corporate functions to brides and grooms for their weddings, so an adaptive approach is a must. As a heavily target driven role, you will need to ensure revenue targets are met to align with the company's ambitious growth plans. Your role will have a real impact on the development and success of the business and has the opportunity to be integral very quickly. Working with the Sales team as a whole, you will all push each other to take the sales function and its efficiency to the next level. You'll share learnings and efficiencies and care just as much about the team's success as you will your own.
You will have a laser-focus on closing deals, conversion rates and meeting the needs of your clients. No challenge will be too big to overcome in helping you reach your targets and you will do whatever you can to tip those customers, considering all of their options, in Feast It’s direction.
The role will involve:
- Winning deals - you will be responsible for converting enquiries into paid for events, delivering revenue and hitting ambitious targets.
- Managing a sales pipeline, focussing on converting inbound enquiries and using all the sales tactics in your arsenal to get consumers over the line.
- Your strategic input, assisting in the development of systems, processes and sales techniques to enhance the sales process, and shorten the sales cycle.
- Keeping up-to-date with the market, our competitors, the product we’re selling and how it benefits our customers.
- Being a beacon of success amongst the Sales team, inspiring them to drive for success by delivering high volume sales and impressive conversion rates.
- Be a frame of reference on ‘How to do Sales’, bringing your experience and sharing with the team.
- A generous commission structure.
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and being rewarded accordingly. Your input in this role will have a direct effect on the success of the business, so being able to demonstrate ROI is key. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
- Experience in sales (preferably in longer lead, higher value products)
- Not an ordinary 9 ’til 5. You care about the results of getting customers over the line and the necessary input required to get results.
- A proven hunger for sales and desire to improve your technique
- Ability to take ownership and a proven track record of hitting targets
- Perseverance and grit - you’re a hustler, and rejection doesn’t bother you
- Experience in a dynamic high-growth company is highly desirable
- Experience using CRM tools like Salesforce or Pipedrive
- A passion for speaking to new people, networking and building relationships
- Impeccable spelling, grammar and an eye for crafting persuasive copy
- Data - you’ll be highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Incredible organisation and ability to stay on top of several processes
- Personality - we look for smart, outgoing and generally likeable people that we want to spend our time with
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Free coffee, beer, pizza and an overly stocked snack cupboard in the office
- Significant discounts in a lot of London's best restaurants, bars and more
- Regular team socials and events
- A shiny new MacBook to work on
- 100+ incredible lunch options in just a few minutes walk. The office is right by Aldgate East and Aldgate stations, so we’re surrounded by amazing markets, delis, bars and restaurants in Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch
- Loads of invites to food-industry events (yes they do usually have free food)
- You’ll be part of a young and fun team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and can honestly claim to be mates
- Office gym
- Roof terrace for lunch, drinks etc.
- The opportunity to make an impact in a key area of the business. If you've got a great idea, you'll have the support to make it a reality
In your cover letter please let us know why you specifically want this role!