Major Events Executive
Feast It is changing the events industry by building an online booking platform connecting anybody to the country’s best street food style caterers. Our events range from small private parties and corporate events, right up to festivals with 1.5 million attendees. We’ve created the one-stop solution for finding the best event catering, whatever the event.
From Dirtyburger to Bao and Five Points to Patty & Bun, we work with over 500+ of the most exciting food and drink producers in the country. We're just 18 months into our journey, and so far we've seen nothing but rapid growth. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing, we've recently fed 3 million mouths at public festivals, and we keep smashing all our targets!
We work out of an awesome office just two minutes from Aldgate East station that boasts a free gym, a beer fridge, a roof terrace and generally speaking, not terrible people. We're a young and fun team, all passionate about food and excited about playing a part in building a disruptive food business.
We’re looking for a food-loving Major Events Executive to ensure that clients get the most out of Feast It’s service and guarantees that their event runs smoothly. You’ll be working closely with our Head of Events to make our large events (everything from music festivals, museum lates, night markets, corporate bashes and everything in between) run smoothly.
The events that clients book through us are often the most important of their lives so we’re looking for a perfectionist who will love the feeling of providing clients with some of the best food and booze that the country has to offer!
The role will involve managing the events right down to the small details to make sure they go perfectly on the day. This will often mean working on-site during weekends and late nights. As such it’s not a typical 9-5pm and we’re very open to offering flexible working hours to reflect that. A huge part of the role will be making sure that customers know exactly why they should be choosing Feast It as their food & drink supplier of choice and you'll further be picking and choosing which food trucks to put forward for events, so a keen interest in food is a must.
You’ll need a good mind for following processes, but a vital part of the role will be coming up with new ideas to improve any processes we currently have in place. The company is less than two years old so there’s still a lot to improve upon and we’d love for you to be a part of our evolution! The ability to thrive under pressure is essential. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who gets a thrill out of seeing their hard work translate into happy clients who are keen to work with us again.
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
- Is a stickler for organisation and thrives on working to tight deadlines - Loves the idea of working on-site at major festivals and events, and isn’t scared of late nights and early mornings.
- Is confident, friendly, but willing to put people in their place.
- Is keen to be the main point of contact for our valued clients. These range from big brands and festivals such as London in Pride, The Financial Times, Virgin Sport, Secret Cinema, 51st State Festival to The London Zoo Lates and many more.
- Is looking for a job that will see you organise the F&B at more large events than just about anyone else in the country.
- Is highly computer literate - we use tools ranging from Airtable, Front, to Pipedrive and need someone who can pick them up quickly
- Isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table, we’re growing on a daily basis and it’s vital that you’re willing to help push us!
- Communicates clearly, over the phone, on email and in person
- Is willing to travel locally, nationally and potentially internationally for work
- Has a good eye for detail - Has the relevant permissions to work in the UK - sadly we are not yet able to sponsor visas
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Free coffee, beer, pizza and an overly stocked snack cupboard in the office
- Significant discounts in a lot of London's best restaurants, bars and more
- Regular team socials and events
- A shiny Macbook to work on
- 100+ incredible lunch options in just a few minutes walk. The office is right by Aldgate East and Aldgate stations, so we’re surrounded by amazing markets, delis, bars and restaurants in Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch.
- Loads of invites to food-industry events (yes they usually do have free food)
- You’ll be part of a young and fun team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and can honestly claim to be mates
- Office gym
- Roof terrace for lunch, drinks etc.
- Dog friendly office