Mid-weight Web Developer
Feast It is changing the events industry by building an online booking platform connecting anybody to the country’s best street food, private chefs and restaurant caterers. Our events range from small private parties and corporate events, right up to festivals with 1.5 million attendees. We’ve created the one-stop solution for finding the best event catering, whatever the event!
From Dirtyburger to Bao, Five Points to Nobu, we work with over 750 of the most exciting food and drink producers in the country. Our clients have ranged from Amazon, Nike, and London Pride, to Tom Cruise, Star Wars, and Taylor Swift. We’re just 2 years into our journey, and so far have seen nothing but rapid growth. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing, we’ve recently fed 3 million mouths at public festivals, and we keep smashing all our targets!
We work out of an awesome office just two minutes from Aldgate East station that boasts a wellness studio, a beer fridge, free breakfast, regularly food tastings from the best chefs in London and, generally speaking, not terrible people.
We’re a young and fun team, all passionate about startups, the hospitality industry and are excited to be building a disruptive events business.
This is a great chance to take a key role in a fast-growing team at the cutting-edge of their industry. You’ll contribute to our growth by writing and shipping code that reduces friction in the funnel, building tools that virally grow our customer base and iterating quickly to meet commercial targets. Ultimately all of this helps create a platform that customers fall in love with.
The method of working will require someone who is comfortable with data, using it to measure the impact of their work and then using the analysis and their technical knowledge to suggest even more fixes and ideas!
Growth is a new field, so direct experience is not essential, we’re looking for a developer who is hungry to learn, make an impact, and develop their skills in the area. There is a huge amount of space here for the right person to develop as fast as the company does.
We care far more about attitude, ideas, and intelligence than experience, but ideally, you’ll:
- Love problem solving; the path to success on your projects will not be well-trodden and you need to be comfortable with that. There will be projects where you have free reign to find your own path to our goals, whether that’s increasing our site speed by 10% or building a chatbot to reply to customer requests.
- Have an active interest in UI/UX
- Be curious about everything that leads to growth, not necessarily just engineering.
- Not be afraid of a challenge or challenging the status quo, we love people who tell us what we’re doing wrong
- Have experience with rapid prototyping
- Be technically confident, with strong experience in taking projects from idea through to deployment
- Be familiar with CSS best practices and modern methodologies including BEM, SMACSS, ITCSS
- Have an understanding of concepts like APIs
- Have experience A/B or MVT testing
- Have experience or desire to work within a component/design library and help develop it further
- Startup experience
- Love food and or drink, it’s an obsession for us all.
If the idea of solving problems every day is what gets you out of bed in the morning, this is your chance to build something amazing whilst working with genuinely fun, intelligent, hard working people.
- Free coffee, beer, pizza and an overly stocked snack cupboard in the office
- Significant discounts in a lot of London's best restaurants, bars and more - 50% off Hawksmoor, El Pastor, Bao and Tramshed - Yes please
- Regular team socials and events, these range from company wide dinner parties every month or so, to your classic night on the tiles
- A shiny new MacBook to work on
- 100+ incredible lunch options in just a few minutes walk. The office is right by Aldgate East and Aldgate stations, so we’re surrounded by amazing markets, delis, bars and restaurants in Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch
- Loads of invites to food-industry events (yes they do usually have free food)
- You’ll be part of a young and fun team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and can honestly claim to be mates
- Office Yoga studio, changing rooms with fresh towels daily, and a bar
- Suntrap courtyard for lunch, drinks etc.
- Dog-friendly - we’ve got an office dog called Benji
- The opportunity to make an impact in a key area of the business. If you've got a great idea, you'll have the support to make it a reality
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- We could go on forever...